The comments compiled on our website are general in nature and are not tailored to any particular situation. As in the case with any estate, tax or financial planning recommendation, the planning tips suggested here should not be implemented without carefully considering the total economic impact and obtaining the advice of counsel. The advice of an attorney, accountant, or other financial planning professional will provide valuable aid in analyzing the suitability of the particular estate, tax, or financial planning tip for you. By providing this information, Weaver Firm – Attorneys does not assume any obligation to provide notification of future changes in laws. Please contact us if the information we have provided affects you and you would like to discuss.
All work done within our Firm is subject to “attorney-client privilege,” which means that, under the law, we cannot be forced to divulge any information that you have given to us. Beyond that, though, we are bound by our ethical standards to responsibly manage your file and information about you.
Specifically, you need to be informed in regard to the following:
- We collect non-public personal information about you as follows:
- Information we receive from the estate planning questionnaire, insurance applications, tax returns, or other forms (e.g. date of birth, Social Security number, personal and business assets and liabilities, information regarding family relationships, etc.).
- Information we are told by you, your family members, your CPA, banker, broker or insurance agent.
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone, except as permitted by law.
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information.
Electronic Mail Communications
Caution is advised when sending us electronic mail. Unless you are a client of the firm, your electronic mail will not be privileged and may be disclosed to other persons. The act of sending electronic mail to Weaver Firm – Attorneys or any of our attorneys does not alone create an attorney-client relationship. Even if you are a client, please be aware that electronic mail on the Internet may not be secure. Sensitive or confidential messages should not be sent unless they are adequately encrypted.
Educational Event Communications
The act of attending an educational event hosted by Weaver Firm – Attorneys or any of our attorneys does not alone create an attorney-client relationship. Even if you are a client, please be aware that these are public forums and sensitive or confidential information should not be discussed.
Copyright 2018 Weaver Firm – Attorneys. All rights reserved.
The attorney responsible for the content of the website is Travis R. Weaver. Unless otherwise noted, attorneys are not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.